Saturday, January 26, 2013

Where did January go?

This month is flying.  Well, hubby is retired, he had a nice retirement party at work, over 160 people showed up.  He sure is going to miss everyone.
 His cake was in the shape of a book and very yummy too!
 I have been working on more dolls, finished up my last two Valentines and started on St.  Paddy's day
 Some mini St. Paddy's day angel tucks

 We visited with my hubby's brother and wife last weekend, they took us to 2nd   Charles, a used Books-a-Million store, I think there are only two so far in the US, we loved the sign made of books.
 We visited Washington-near Augusta, GA. a great little historic town
 They had an empty shop for rent, would love to be able to have a little bookstore/craft store there
 Finished up with some Panera cinnamon rolls
 I made some Hello Kitty Annies
 Since joining facebook, I have meet a lot of great people.  This is Elaine of MythreeAngelsprim and her grandson, they had been in Orlando and stopped by where I work, to meet me.  She lives in South Carolina.  I really enjoyed meeting her and her grandson.
I wish someone would send some of their cold weather down here, the pollen is so bad right now.  Everything is budding out, it thinks it is spring--but if we do get a cold spell, then we'll have another pollen season.  So tired of sneezing and sinus headaches!
I hope everyone enjoys their weekend, happy crafting!

9 comments:

  1. Cyndy...Congrats to hubby on his retirement! I love all the new dolls... As for this pollen...I've been sick for a week and even missed school one day...now missing my voice. Sure wish I felt like working on something.
    -Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your hubby!Love the new dolls.Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy,
    Congrats to your hubby.
    You can have all the cold weather that we are experiencing.
    Love the dolls!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello dear,
    congrats to your hubby.
    i love the dolls so much..so pretty..
    we enjoying the summer here..
    big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to your husband on his retirement. I love his cake, and he was really liked to have so many in attendance.
    Loved that bookstore, and of course I always love your creations. So nice that you got to meet your FB friend. hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning, Yey!!! Congrats to your Hubby....wonderful trip, yum yum, cinnamon buns....Sweet dollies...Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cyndy...congrats to hubby! Maybe he will do crafting, maybe pottery...maybe his own blog....can't wait to see...you already have enough space for him @ calico
    Hope you and all have a really great week!
    Maxie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to your hubby! I know he will enjoy his retirement. We are retired and busier than ever! Love your new dolls...off to put some in my favs! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to Arnold! He has earned this!
    Always love your dolls. I, too, would love to have a small book store where I could decorate with and offer small things for sale--lots of comfy chairs and a sofa and.of course, a snack bar with biscotti and tea sandwiches; with great coffee, variety of teas and some cocoa. *sigh* It is such fun to dream....

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!