Sunday, April 15, 2012

Well, Christmas has officially arrived at my house...

Not a lot going on this weekend, spent the weekend at home, did 6 LOADS of laundry, how can 3 people have so much dirty laundry!  We went to Wal-Mart to do our weekly grocery shopping, I needed camera batteries and guess what?  Wal-Mart no longer sells camera batteries, they sell the cameras but no more batteries, according to one of the workers.   My hubby checked at CVS and guess what, they didn't have them either, we are going to order from Amazon, so stock up just in case.

I have been working on some Christmas items, made this little elf from a Kat's Country Prims patterns and dressed the Santa, he had been running around without clothes since last December.  I ran out of the green felt I needed for the booties for the elf, so he is barefoot now.  But, I really love how he is turning out, I see lots of elf-making in my future.

 Finished up another prim-ugly Americana doll
 These are from a Sweet Meadows Farm pattern
 Another Sweet Meadows Farm pattern, these I can use up my scraps.
 A custom order for a customer-Irish couple
 And then another custom order--not prim at all, small dolls in bathing suits and sundresses, I am even making flip flops for them,
Not much news this weekend, next weekend we are going to Mount Dora (if it doesn't rain), they are having a big antique extravaganza and then on Sunday a small local craft festival. 
I hope you all have a great week!

15 comments:

  1. I love all of your dolls. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all pretty amazing. Loving the little sundress dollies. So cute! ~Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Elf, I think I have the pattern but never tried it yet. Those sundress dollies are so bright and cute!! You do beautiful work!
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always amazed how much you accomplish. Your dolls are sooo cute especially the ones with the bathing suits and flip flops. Love it!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, they are all so cute!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your dolls... I can not make dolls with hair..never turns out right. I don't even want to think about Christmas. After 28 quilts last year I am thinking dish towels this year LOL. I am usually half done with Christmas by now but not this year. Does that mean I am getting old?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of your dolls! You have been very busy :)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, those little dolls with flip-flops and bathing suits, the hair too, adorable! Love your elf, I'm sure there will be a lot of elf-making in your future...he came out great :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you've been busy. The elf is adorable, I see you making lots more, too. The Raggedies are always sweet little dolls. Your work is so perfect!
    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are a busy gal..I don't know how you get so much done..you amaze me..have a great rest of your week.;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cyndy, you have really been busy.
    When I bought my camera that was the only thing I did not like...replaceable batteries..I had always had the lithum. I bought the rechargeable batteries..you can get them with the charger from Amazon for a really reasonable price...and it saves a lot of money.
    Take care
    Maxie

    ReplyDelete
  12. The elf is too cute! I love elves. As always, all of your work is superb :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute, cute, cute!! Good idea to get a jump on the elves and santas since they were such good sellers for you before. Love the little summer dolls... flip flops too? Oh my they are going to be adorable!!

    Have a great weekend~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful work as always Cyndy and love your Santa and elf, they are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!