Wednesday, November 9, 2011

New Sock Monkey Fabric and ....

Just a quick post to share some new fabric, that I found at Hobby Lobby today.  As many of you know, I make sock monkeys and matching dolls.  It was hidden behind a post, the lady that cut the material said, they only had it a week and I was the first to buy any, she thought because it was "hidden".  I got 4 yards, so hoping that will last me a while. And even better, it was on sale.





 I had some naked doll bodies waiting to be dressed, so of course, one got a sock monkey apron.  The other two are from the fabric I got from Joann's.  One is off to her new home tomorrow.

Mary and I have a show in Moultrie, Ga. this weekend, so finishing up some things, I have two more heads drying tonight.  I love these guys.  I used the head from a Crows Roost Primitives pattern and made a different hat. Instead of a cloth nose, I used some rusty nails that I had.
 I found these doll skates, when Debbie and I went to the craft show in Orange Park, wasn't sure what to do with them, but they were cute. So I put a mouse in them.  I still need to add a hanger and a letter to Santa and they are done.  I have been looking for baby shoes at the thrift shops and having no luck.
Hope everyone has a great weekend, we may have our first light freeze this weekend, we will be in Georgia, so it will definitely be colder there, looking forward to it. I  Love cold weather when we do a show, it seems to put everyone in a Christmas mood.  Stop by our booth if you are in the area, we are in the first building.  Several other bloggers and some of our friends are exhibiting there this weekend, too.  Happy sewing, Cyndy

10 comments:

  1. Fun fabric....perfect for your sweet Annies....And I so love your little snowmen and mice....Those doll skates are PERFECT for them!! You're gonna be a huge hit at the show....wish it were closer. We had our first snow storm today - guess we're luck it held off as long as it did - but wet, heavy and sticking....ick. Smiles & Snowy Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. O cindy love the new fabric and all your new creations ! ILL KEEP MY EYES OPEN FOR BABY SHOES FOR YOU, while im out thrifting as I do ! Good luck this weekend at your show ! Not that you need it CAUSE YOUR AWESOME ! HUGS LILRAGGEDYANGIE

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg those little mice in the shoes...to die for!!!! LOVE the Annies!!!!! you are gonna ROCK that show!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that fabric and all your other creations. Good luck at the show this weekend.
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi, very lovely fabric..and everything i so lovely too..like always..i am blowing kisses for everything.xxoxxoxxoxxo
    good luck for the show..
    hugs cucki xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Cyndy,
    love your stuff, good luck at the show!! We may get our first snow shower tonight, can't wait to move back to the South in the Spring!!
    Warm Wishes,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my... I am in LOVE with the snowman head and the mice! So darn cute! Great work!

    If you ever need more springs I have tons and I would love to swap for them!

    Carmen and the Primcats

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stuff Cyndy!! Love those mice in the shoes!! Good luck!

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the fabric! I have been wanting to go to hobby lobby but the nearst one is 90 miles so its a all day trip!! Maybe soon I hope.
    Love the snowman and wishing good sales at your show.
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a gorgeous fabric :D and a great way to use it on your dolls :D

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!