Sunday, May 13, 2012

Snakes, Panthers and ....

I hope everyone had a Happy Mother's Day, my hubby fixed Creole tonight and it was yummy.

Our library cat "LC" was in a cat fight and he got bit, and of course it got infected, so my son helped me take him to the vet and while we were there, my friend Eileen who works there, came and got David.  When I came out David was petting a Florida panther.  He was beautiful.  They rescue wild animals.  LC is fine, he just had to go on oral antibiotics for a few days.



 My finished projects for the week.
 Made lots of little dolls, they are my favorite to make.
 I purchased this sign from Dee at Ice House Crafts, it will be perfect for my display.
 This was a sign she made for me when we were in a swap, my very favorite!!!

You can definitely tell summer is here, we see snake tracks everywhere when we walk, we have sandy roads and you can see their tracks and coming home the other evening, there was a very large snake crossing the road and of course, son has to stop the car and get out to look at it, I HATE snakes.  And then there are the love bugs, if you live in Florida, you know what they are, if not, they are black flying bugs that mate and stick together, they are usually hundreds or thousands of them, and if they stay on your car very long, it eats thru the paint, stains your clothes, the joys of living in the south!

I have also started  a Crafty Stitchers facebook page, if you get a chance, please stop by and LIKE ME, thank http://www.facebook.com/craftystitchers1

Hope everyone has a great week!


10 comments:

  1. Oh I love the Raggedies sign! Just perfect for your dolls Hope you had a wonderful Mother's day.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happiest of Mother's Days to you Cyndy!! Ohhhhh....that is one ADORABLE kitteh kat!!! :o))) You can keep the snakes though...ICK! It finally warmed up enough the past few days to venture out and I had one eye open as I weeded our patio waiting for the "first sighting..." I repeat, ICK!!! Wonderful little dollies!! Hope your day was filled with joys and blessings....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how cool for your son...I'm jealous! You know I love all your raggedies and I love your new sign. I'm glad someone got something done since I spent the weekend at the river and didn't even work on the hand stitching I brought. However, I did get to ride and operate my son's new plaything...a jet ski. Had a blast and my husband couldn't believe I got on it so now he thinks he might like to get some!
    -Darlene xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. No snakes for me ....yuck that is on advantage living in here, not many snakes in wisconsin. To busy of a weekend , no sewing here. I hope to tomorrow. Happy mothers day too you! Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful kitty kat ~ not very often you get to pet one of those!
    You must be the fastest doll maker I know ~ so cute!!! Love the sign Dee made ~ so perfect with you dolls.
    I don't really care for snakes either!
    Happy Mothers Day!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta giggle about the love bugs,I remember all to well the yearly invasion..smile..Glad the kitty will be ok.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beautiful cat..and glad to hear yours is okay too..you are "evelyn scissor hands of the south..honestly woman..you sew faster then anyone i know and they are so cute.:) have a wonderful week ahead..oh and I love both those signs..I need one for my booth..would make me look more professional..guess I will have to paint one.;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful Florida panther!!
    Your dolls are so cute!!
    Love your business sign too!! I used to have one and should make myself a new one.
    Have a great week.
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, glad the kitty is fine, the creole sounds good to. Love the picture of the panther, so happy they help the wild animals. Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That panther is just amazing! What a beautiful animal! And I love all of your sweet dolls! I wish I could sit down with them and see them all! I need one....just can't figure out which one! heehee! They are all so cute! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!