Sunday, December 4, 2011

Craft show and projects

Hubby and I did some Christmas shopping yesterday morn and then headed to the craft festival at the O'Connell Center in Gainesville, FL.  Wow, was it packed, we had a hard time finding a place to park.  It is next to Florida Field, so you would think parking would be better. My hubby posing by the Tim Tebow statue, even though he is a FSU fan.
 Inside the O'Connell center, two levels of crafters
 We got there early, everyone was on the upper level as that is where you enter, you could hardly walk up there.  The bottom level wasn't crowded yet.
 My husband bought a painted folkart plate from this guy.  They had some great Black folkart.
 My friend, Beth, she was squished in the there and couldn't move much.
 Some of her wares.  I couldn't get many closeups, because of the crowd.
I purchased this little pinkeep from Dodie, their booth was the first one I hit, they were standing in line to buy her things.  She is a friend of Darlene, the one I bought the elf from last week.
I got a couple more dolls made this week, another Mama and her baby,  I love making this one, but she takes some time.  She will be on her way to Alaska tomorrow, so I better dress her warm. She is a Happy Hearts Pattern.
 And another Raggedy holding a dollie, I tried a new type of  hair on this one.  Another of Sweet Meadows Farms patterns.
I am trying to learn how to paint the eyes instead of using buttons, I have a little trouble getting the circle completely round,  if anyone has any hints, please let me know.  \
I am wanting to start some new patterns and get ready for the new year.  Even though I love Christmas, ready for another holiday to create for.

Only 6 more days till I pick a winner for the doll and sock monkey fabric.  You still have time to enter, just click on the picture on top right hand side.

Hope everything has a great week!  Cyndy

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I didn't know about this craft show! It looks amazing! I love the sweet pinkeep you got! And I love the dolls you are making! We drove out to the Gulf coast yesterday and saw so many birds! Enjoy your week! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....that looks nutty crazy! We have an art festival with lots of crafts in a town nearby the first weekend in September - I went twice and then decided I couldn't handle the crowds (and strollers!!) Sweet little dolls you did up...Wishing you a great week ahead....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! What a huge sale venue!
    I would have to take a mobility cart to get from end to end!
    BTW~ Tim Tebow is a star.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! That is a big craft show. I do a couple of big shows, but have not seen one on 2 floors before.
    Have a great week.
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! What a huge craft sale!
    But I hate going to them when you can't move.
    Looks like you found some wonderfull goodies.
    Your dolls you made are so precious.
    Have a great week Too!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. wowwwwwww it is looks like a big craft show..i wish i am there too..
    i love the cute pin keep..very sweetttttttttt
    and the dolls are so beautiful too :)
    that folk art painted plate is so lovely..
    ohh it all looking so beautiful..
    love for you hugs cucki xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fun show!!! LOVE those Annies...so sweet!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a huge show,looks like fun!Great dolls!Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!