Saturday, July 23, 2011

The weekend is finally here....

Hi, I hope everyone has had a great week.   The heat is finally making its way south, it has been hot, but now it is really HOT!  I have been working on some Christmas items.  This primitive snowman is from a Bittersweet Folk Art pattern, he is  like the large Santa I made. Just love these guys!  I'm thinking alot of snowmen this year.

 I made these very prim snowman, from a Sweet Meadows Farm pattern.  Not sure if I like them, I may stick them in a stocking or arrangement.
 And a gingerbread Annie, using a Sweet Meadows Farm Pattern.  I added a pocket to the apron and a small gingerbread cookie and a wooden rolling pin.  This is my favorite doll pattern to use.
 We went to that little "junk" store this morning, that we like to go to in Lacrosse and I found a few goodies. My friend, Mary was there we got there (luckily she didn't grab that wagon first) and as we were leaving, Debbie (Debbie's Dodads) and her hubby were arriving. It seems We all had the same "great" idea. I found this wagon which is perfect for display, it already had a few nicks and dings, so it was already primmed up for me, a Crow on a wooden shutter decoration (not sure what I will do with it, but I liked it) and a bag of fat quarters (I paid .50 cents for that and already used the red fabric in the doll's dress above) and a little bear.  My hubby even found several things to buy.  More books, he only has 4,000, so what is a few more, keeps saying when he retires he is going to sell on EBAY).
 I also bought some patterns from the Polka Primitive Pig when she was having her BOGO free sale. I made a prim Raggedy  Ann button/pinkeep from the one  of the patterns. I also bought one of the little mammys in can pattern.



I received my copy of Primitive Quilts and Projects today, it has lots of great fall projects. Makes you wish for that cooler weather.  I am so ready to decorate with some fall items.  I hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend.  Cyndy

13 comments:

  1. Cyndy, Wow, looks like you have really been busy. Love all your creations. And the items you found out roaming are all so neat. Must be a great place to shop as you saw friends there. Guess the early bird gets the worm, huh? Love the little wagon and the shutter. Great finds. Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Cyndy , great new goodies Love them all and your new creations O MY GOSH .... LOVE EM ! Enjoy your weekend! hugs lil raggedy angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cyndy, your things ae awesome, I esp. like that snowman! Hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Mary and Cyndi, I love your blog! Tell us what the snowman nose is. Nail? He's a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome finds and prims...just put my 2 yr order in for prim quilts and projects...woohoo!!
    patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that big snowman! Looks like you found some great finds. I especially liked the red wagon. That will make a great display! Stay cool as I am with temps in the 100s in Texas!

    Hugs
    PatC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cyndy - I love those little snowmen! Thanks for sharing all your new creations and goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If only the snowmen would bring the snow along..smile..I'm loving the little prim snowmen that you aren't sure about.Love the simple prim style of them.We have been cooking here.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the snowman big and small :) And the raggedy doll is so adorable!! Annies are always my favorite :) Hope your having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Cyndy - I love all your new dolls! It looks like you found some great goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cyndy,
    Love your Annie, You do such a great job. That wagon was a neat find.
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your Annie..and the snowmen!! Seeing your snowmen are the perfect cure on a very hot day. It helps to know that cooler days will be here before we know it. I have to get busy and get lots of goodies made for my 2 shows.
    ~Cindy~

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm looking for the fall 2011issue of Primitive Quilts and Projects. If you still have yours, would you be interested in selling it?

    Doreen
    Priviesandprims at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!